Well good morning, afternoon, or whenever you are tuning in to “Zach’s Picks Of The Week” everyone! I’m back with a few recommendations from our website Canadian Beats. But we’ve also got plenty more articles that weren’t chosen that are still on our website, waiting for you to check them out. We’re not talking about those ones, we’re talking about the five that I’ve chosen for you to enjoy! Please check out all of these articles just below, but also enjoy these clips from each song featured in this week’s video posted below.
5) First up, we have the West Coast funk-rock band, Gnarfunkel who had celebrated 4/20 with the release of their new single “Bamboo Bong”. It was accompanied by a new video for its release and that can be found in our article, linked below. However, this will be the latest single coming from Garfunkel‘s debut album Gnarnia, which will be released on May 6, 2022. Please be sure to check out the article for the release of “Bamboo Bong” by Garfunkel HERE.
4) Coming up next this week is Toronto-based alt-rock/ dream-pop band GENTLE, who’s unveiled their new single “Softcore”. This will be coming out for the band’s debut EP KAFKA FM, which will be out in the coming months but they’re currently promoting it on the road. They’ll be making some stops in Montreal and Ontario so hopefully, some of you can catch that performance.You can also learn lots about this band in our Five Questions With segment HERE.
3) Making it into the top three this week is Vancouver-based artist/producer Caleb Hardy, who’s known by Maaga. He’s released his third single this year titled “Be Yours”, it’s available now on all streaming sites. While he was promoting the upcoming single, a Spotify pre-save contest was held for his listeners. Each pre-save was entered for a prize but also was matched with a one-dollar donation by Maaga. All of the money raised went to “Our Last Hope Animal Rescue Society”, a local non-profit animal shelter that operates in British Columbia. Please check out the full article for the new single and where you can help the shelter HERE.
2) In second place this is going to be Breathe Of My Leaves, a Duo comprised of Vancouver-based Stephano Barberis and Calgary-based Jordan Gant. They have teamed up with us at Canadian Beats to unveil a lyric video for the latest single, “Us” from their upcoming album which is set to be released this Fall. The song was initially demoed to be a string-saturated synth ballad but took a political turn when Jordan delivered the vocals and they were about the current state of the world. Head HERE to check out “Us” by “Breath Of My Leaves.
1) My final choice this week is going to be Canadian musician Pascal Dennis, who has written over 100 original songs and has recorded two albums of original music. His aspiration towards writing is to continue to record songs about his city, family, and life experiences, in the way that he experienced them. His newest single, “Blues in the Morning” takes a comical approach to heartbreak and uses imagery from Egypt to Toronto to Johannesburg. You can find it on all streaming platforms now if you like to stream it or add it to a playlist. However, if you’d like to learn more about Pascal Dennis, you can take a look at our Five Questions With segment HERE.
That’s going to be my choice’s for “Zach’s Picks Of The Week” so please go check them out. If you want more, we’ve also got plenty more articles on our website, so be sure to visit the homepage every day for new content. I hope you enjoyed my recommendations and I have course will be back next Monday with a whole new list of choices for you. So be sure to tune in every Music Monday with me, Zach, and my picks of the week. PEACE, LOVE, AND GOOD MUSIC EVERYONE!!
Hey there! I’m Zach I love long walks on the beach and movies that make you cry. Wait a minute this isn’t my E-Harmony account. Let’s try this again, hi I’m Zach from Dawson Creek, BC. Before you think it, no it’s not like the TV show! I have loved music ever since I was a kid back in Abbotsford, BC where I was born. Moved up north when I was about six and was practically raised up here. Hands down one of my favorite Canadian band has to be Simple Plan, with Dallas Smith coming in second. One of my Favorite Things I enjoy doing is just sitting around listening to music or taking pictures. I’d say I’m a pretty good photographer but you can be the judge of that. Just even ask a couple of my friends City light vigil, Scarlet serenity or Violet night. If you’re still reading this congratulations you’ve reached the end.