Well, it’s about time we get back to the regularly scheduled program, don’t you think? How’s it going you, music-loving traders, it’s okay I forgive you. Let me be the first in welcoming you back to “Zach’s Picks Of The Week”, where we have the best recommendations from the website for you to enjoy. Coopz did alright for choosing some great choices, but I ensure you these will be twice as good. After all, they were chosen by yours truly, “Zach”! But of course, I’ve only chosen five recommendations, so there is plenty more that’s always coming out on our website. So please be sure to go and visit the rest of our site, to see what our amazing authors are posting about. However, I have some short clips from each recommendation in the episode I have posted just below here. So I hope you all enjoy these Picks Of The Week chosen by me, your true host Zach.
5) Our first recommendation will take us to Toronto with multi-instrumentalist and arranger, Les Cooper. He has unveiled the new single and video for “Best Of You”. This will be coming off of his debut solo album, Noise, which you can expect to see out on May 20, 2022. This new single is a somber and searching piece of downtempo indie, which weaves layers of keys, vocals, and guitars. If you’d like to learn more about Les Cooper, please be sure to visit the article we had for the release of the new single “Best Of You”, where you will also find the new animated video, check it out HERE.
4) Next up in this week’s choices, it’s the Canadian singer-songwriter duo Fresh Breath. They took a stroll down memory lane in an autobiographical tale of love and excitement in their new single, “When We First Met”. This is the latest single off of their dazzling EP, How Did I Get Here with six original tracks, all with hints of creative influence from artists like The Allman Brothers Band and Alanis Morrisette. Please be sure to head over to our website and check out the new article with Fresh Breath where you can also check out the video for “When We First Met” HERE.
3) In the top three we have Canadian artist JSJ (Joshua Säde James) and the newly unveiled single, “Gone”. Be sure to find it on all the streaming sites you’re listening to music on these days. The new single is oozing with R&B feels, the insta-classic is an ode to the ex-lover getting caught, causing lunacy for whoever is left behind in their trap. JSJ has a new video of him performing his new single, which can be found in the article we posted on our website HERE.
2) Next up will be Alberta alt indie-rock duo The Royal Foundry. They have unveiled their new single, “Little High Little Low” from their upcoming third album of the same name. This new single can be found on any streaming services that you want to have them on and this new LP’s healing title track sheds light on the emotions we all face day to day. Whether they’re hidden or not, it helps when we normalize the importance of mental health. If you would like to learn more about Royal Foundry, be sure to head HERE.
1) Your final choice of the week and healthiest goes out to the Toronto-based group Nutrients. They have released their newest single through Earth Libraries called “Window Seat”, which you can find on any streaming platform now. However, the band has been often compared to a variety of ’90s bands for their slacker delivery and sometimes likened to certain contemporary bedroom pop artists for their oddball pop leanings. But this new single “Window Seat” features some beautiful landscape shots from the band while they were on the road touring. You can view the video as well as learned more about Nutrients HERE.
I hope you and home enjoy these recommendations from our website, Canadian Beats. Please be sure to visit the rest of the website for loads more new music that’s coming out all the time. It also should be said, a big thank you to our amazing authors who are always publishing this new music for everybody. However, this is all of the time we have together this week, so I hope to see you again next time. You know I will be back next Music Monday with lots more recommendations from this amazing website we call “Canadian Beats”. So as always, everybody have an amazing week out there, spread some love and positivity. But the most important thing to remember is PEACE, LOVE, AND GOOD MUSIC!!
Hey there! I’m Zach I love long walks on the beach and movies that make you cry. Wait a minute this isn’t my E-Harmony account. Let’s try this again, hi I’m Zach from Dawson Creek, BC. Before you think it, no it’s not like the TV show! I have loved music ever since I was a kid back in Abbotsford, BC where I was born. Moved up north when I was about six and was practically raised up here. Hands down one of my favorite Canadian band has to be Simple Plan, with Dallas Smith coming in second. One of my Favorite Things I enjoy doing is just sitting around listening to music or taking pictures. I’d say I’m a pretty good photographer but you can be the judge of that. Just even ask a couple of my friends City light vigil, Scarlet serenity or Violet night. If you’re still reading this congratulations you’ve reached the end.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login