Welcome back those of you itching for some new music to listen to this week. I will be your doctor of grooves here to prescribe you something for those weekly blues. This is going to be the place where you’re going to find some articles, handpicked by yours truly, coming from our lovely website, Canadian Beats that were written by our amazing authors. Be sure to check out the link to these articles, posted just down below in this post. You will also be able to check out a clip from each of these recommendations in the video that has been attached for you to watch right here. Right now but if it’s not apparent to you at this point where you are right now, let me be the first to say welcome to Zach’s Picks of the Week.
5. Starting things off here on my picks, we are joined by the incredible Kelowna-based singer-songwriter Bree Whitworth. Who’s revealed her emotionally charged new single, “Real Thing”. It was recorded live pre-pandemic at 12th Street Sound Studio, in New Westminster, BC. The new single “Real Thing” was a result of music magic, being the first release of what was said to be an incredibly big year to come. You can be sure to find this on any of your favorite places to listen to music. Please be sure to also check out the article we did for the release from Bree Whitworth, HERE.
4. Coming up next, we have the up-and-coming Canadian artist Darryl James a.k.a. Close Kicks. He’s just recently unveiled his latest single, “Coming Up”, a song about perseverance. It’s a song about picking yourself up even when everything around you feels like it’s collapsing. You can find this song on all your favourite streaming platforms to add to your favourite playlist this week. I also recommend you go check out the five questions with segment that we had with Close Kicks HERE.
3. My third recommendation goes out to a friend in Toronto, please make some noise and show some love for Melotika. She has just recently unveiled the video for her latest single titled “Digital Dreams”. This will be her first release following the 2021 EP, Dancing Without You. Both of which you are able to find now on all of your favourite streaming platforms. Melotike is best known for unabashedly drawing from her personal and real-life experiences to frame her songs. If you’d like to learn more, please be sure to visit the article for Melotika’s new single, “Digital Dreams” HERE.
2. Moving on to my second favourite choice of this week, we head to Toronto with Bryan Bravo. He has just unveiled his latest single titled “Feeling Lucky”, along with the brand new music video to accompany its release. You can find the new single on all your favourite streaming platforms to listen to your music this week. His new single comes ahead of his new 7-track album, Be Mine which should be coming out later this year.
Bravo found himself in a sentimental place during the writing and creative process. The end result of course led to the latest single, “Feeling Lucky” and the new video. Check both out on our website HERE.
1. Now, we have reached my final choice of this week’s recommendations from our website. It takes us to the west coast in Vancouver where I’d like to introduce you to an artist who has teamed up with us for the release of this new single. Canadian country artists Nicole Sumerlyn is back with the track, “Hostage”. This single will serve as her debut leap into Canadian country radio on March 7th, with the music video to accompany it in the coming weeks. This new single drawings inspiration from Sumerlyn’s own past relationship. It’s an honest, metaphoric, and unapologetic ballad with bluesy vocals, dark lyrics, and a clean modern-pop sound. All this mixed together sure makes for a fantastic listening experience. Check out the link to the brand new article we have here on the website with Nicole Sumerlyn HERE.
There you go, something to listen to this week. I hope you found something that you enjoy but you’re more than welcome to explore our website full of new music. These have been Zach’s Picks of the Week, the songs that I enjoy as much as I hope you will. I will be back here on this amazing website next Monday with a whole new list of articles for you to check out. So be sure to tune in, have fun and above all else, spread some PEACE, LOVE AND GOOD MUSIC TO THE WORLD!!
Hey there! I’m Zach I love long walks on the beach and movies that make you cry. Wait a minute this isn’t my E-Harmony account. Let’s try this again, hi I’m Zach from Dawson Creek, BC. Before you think it, no it’s not like the TV show! I have loved music ever since I was a kid back in Abbotsford, BC where I was born. Moved up north when I was about six and was practically raised up here. Hands down one of my favorite Canadian band has to be Simple Plan, with Dallas Smith coming in second. One of my Favorite Things I enjoy doing is just sitting around listening to music or taking pictures. I’d say I’m a pretty good photographer but you can be the judge of that. Just even ask a couple of my friends City light vigil, Scarlet serenity or Violet night. If you’re still reading this congratulations you’ve reached the end.