This just in, we’ve got some brand new music taking over our website this week. Welcome back to the list of recommended articles that I personally think you need to look up. This segment is called “Zach’s Picks Of The Week”, and it’s where I have hand-pick some of my favourite artists and articles from this week here on Canadian Beats. All of these amazing songs and articles will be linked right below each of my picks, so please go check them out and listen. But like I said our hard-working authors are always posting new music so please be sure to check out everything else on our main page. Just because I only pick five recommendations every week and there is way more that gets posted. However, what do you say we kick things off with these amazingly picked recommendations are on “Zach’s Picks Of The Week”.
5. Well, let’s start things off with Vancouver-based band, Said The Whale who has just released their brand new stand-alone single, “Return to Me”. You can turn this up on any of your favourite streaming platforms today. But they have also announced the DELUXE edition of their latest album Dandelion, which is set to be released via Everything Forever on February 11, so keep an eye out for it very soon. But also please go check out the article for the release of their brand new single “Return To Me”, just through the link HERE.
4. Coming up next we’re checking in with Toronto, ON-based country singer-songwriter, Peter Peres in this edition of our Five Questions With. Peter has recently unveiled his new single, “The First Time” from his upcoming EP, scheduled to come out in the spring. His new single is available right now and all of your favourite streaming sites so be sure to go and listen to it. He’s worked with well-known producer Shawn Moore on this release, and it sounds like it’s something you’re definitely are not going to want to miss out on. But like I said he did do a quick Five Question With segment with us over on the website, so be sure to go and check it out HERE.
3. Taking third place is going to be Hamilton, ON-based indie/shoegaze group Basement Revolver and their latest single “Circles” coming off of their forthcoming LP. But also I know what you’re all thinking, “shoegaze” is a genre of music and not the spelling mistake for “shoelace”. All jokes aside, this new amazing single is available on all streaming platforms, so go and check it out for yourselves. This new LP Embody will be coming out on the 18th the February, and featuring many of their previous releases like “Tunnel Vision”, “Transatlantic”, and “Skin”. To learn more, be sure to visit the link to the article for the release of “Circles” HERE.
2. Another one of our Five Questions With segments that you need to visit is with Montreal, QC’s MESSORA. Who’s back with a brand new single called “Forever as I Beg”. This will be their follow-up after the release of their 2019 album, The Door. Some listeners who may be familiar with the album will be pleasantly surprised by this new, very long single. If you’d like to learn more, please go and visit the Five Questions With MESSORA HERE.
1. Now, finally for my top pick of the week, it’s going to be Canadian singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Joe McLeod. He recently unveiled his debut album, Cloud Berries In Alaska on all your favourite music sites. He recruited help for the production side of the record with members of the Canadian indie-rock group The Elwins. Before his new album’s release, McLeod shared two singles, one being “Smile Always” and the other “Something Inside”. Both are amazing songs in my opinion but you can be the judge of that for yourself when you check out the new album. You will be able to find it in the brand new Five Questions With Joe McLeod HERE.
Well, I am hoping some of these articles are to your liking, but if not there is always plenty more on our website. Thank you so much for going through Zach’s Picks Of The Week for this week’s edition of new music. I always try my best to make sure I have chosen some really good choices. However, if you like my list, then be sure to tune in next Monday when I bring you another list of fantastic new music. You can always find these articles and more done by are very hardworking authors here at Canadian Beats. Until next time this is farewell and PEACE, LOVE AND GOOD MUSIC EVERYONE!
Hey there! I’m Zach I love long walks on the beach and movies that make you cry. Wait a minute this isn’t my E-Harmony account. Let’s try this again, hi I’m Zach from Dawson Creek, BC. Before you think it, no it’s not like the TV show! I have loved music ever since I was a kid back in Abbotsford, BC where I was born. Moved up north when I was about six and was practically raised up here. Hands down one of my favorite Canadian band has to be Simple Plan, with Dallas Smith coming in second. One of my Favorite Things I enjoy doing is just sitting around listening to music or taking pictures. I’d say I’m a pretty good photographer but you can be the judge of that. Just even ask a couple of my friends City light vigil, Scarlet serenity or Violet night. If you’re still reading this congratulations you’ve reached the end.