Well, Happy “almost” New Year to all of you readers out here for some brand new music. Welcome back to my favourite part of the week here on Canadian Beats, Music Mondays! Where we will be discussing my five recommendations of the week, nicknamed “Zach’s Picks of the Week”. These will be my chosen articles and post from the website, written up by our authors. There is a lot more music posted on the website, besides these Picks of the Week. So I definitely would recommend you go and check out the rest of our website and see the new music. However, what do you say we kick off this week’s picks of the week.
5. My first pick of the week is taking us to Cobourg, ON with country singer-songwriter, Jeremy Macklin. He’s unveiled the video for his latest single, “Half Full Cup”. Which you can now find on all streaming platforms right now, so please go and add it to your favourite playlist. But this song not only pays homage to the blessings found in our every day but also lands on Macklin debut EP We Bring the Fire. Please be sure to go check out the brand new video & single from Jeremy Macklin in the article, which you can find HERE.
4. Next up we have Edmonton-based rising pop star, Mackenzie Dayle has unveiled her fiery new single, “I’m Good, Thanks”. Now available to stream, so be sure to spin it. However, this new track is an ultra sexy love letter to one’s self. a super-charged reminder that the most important relationship you’ll ever have is the one you have with yourself. To learn more about this new single, please head HERE.
3. We’re just midway through my picks of the week, but now let’s check in with our friend and Canadian rocker Chris Nine. He’s unveiled the new video for his latest single, “ghosts”. You can find it of course on all streaming platforms, so be sure to go and add it to your favourite playlist right now. “Taking a bayonet straight to the heart of the perilous emotional expedition that is love, and the raw vulnerability it takes to give it a shot”, the Toronto-based singer/songwriter shares. Please be sure to check out the full article we had for the release Chris Nine’s latest single “ghosts” HERE.
2. Fresh off celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Tokyo Police Club’s Champ across the U.S.A. Toronto songwriter Dave Monks has announced his upcoming solo set of performances. Coming up on February 4th in Toronto and February 5th in Hamilton. He’s supporting his sophomore LP, I’ve Always Wanted To Be Me, which you’re going to find out on all streaming platforms. Please be sure to check out the new LP and info about the upcoming shows in our article HERE.
1. My final pick of the week is going to be with Canadian outfit Jukebox County, who’s released a video for their new single, “Put Me Down”. The song is a fresh cut from their debut album, Inner Space/Outer Space. It was produced by Hugh Christopher Brown through Wolfe Island Records. This 10-track full-length release signal’s Rich Tyo’s transition to his newly crafted creative identity, JukeBox County. If you’d like to learn more, go HERE.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day or week to check out my recommendations for the week. I know how precious your time is and I hope that these new songs will help you through your week. But I hope you are all having an amazing week out there and doing your best. I will try and do the same this week, but I’ll have to get back to you next week on how it went. But as always, PEACE, LOVE AND GOOD MUSIC!!
Hey there! I’m Zach I love long walks on the beach and movies that make you cry. Wait a minute this isn’t my E-Harmony account. Let’s try this again, hi I’m Zach from Dawson Creek, BC. Before you think it, no it’s not like the TV show! I have loved music ever since I was a kid back in Abbotsford, BC where I was born. Moved up north when I was about six and was practically raised up here. Hands down one of my favorite Canadian band has to be Simple Plan, with Dallas Smith coming in second. One of my Favorite Things I enjoy doing is just sitting around listening to music or taking pictures. I’d say I’m a pretty good photographer but you can be the judge of that. Just even ask a couple of my friends City light vigil, Scarlet serenity or Violet night. If you’re still reading this congratulations you’ve reached the end.