Greetings to the people reading these words in this post, I am your host, Zach. It’s my birthday week, so I’ve got some great new music for you. So welcome you back to another edition of “Zach’s Picks of the Week”, which are highlighted articles and posts from this website of ours Canadian Beats. Please be sure to go check out all of the awesome articles that are posted every day on our website for new music. But I have my five recommendations and favourites from this week that I’m sure you’ll enjoy. Please check out all these articles in the links below, not to mention a clip featured in the video posted below.
5. To start things off here on my Picks of the Week, we’ve got Multi-Platinum/ Gold award-winning and internationally acclaimed producer, composer, and guitarist, Jesse Cook. He has released his new single, “Updraft“, be sure to go check it out now on all streaming platforms. Along with this new single, he’s released the music video for his previous single “Oran”. You can check out the full article, listen to you’re single, and see the video HERE.
4. After what seemed like an eternity of not covering any shows for the past year and a half, our west coast correspondent Connor Payne was in need of some good, loud, and high-energy live music. So naturally, when he found that The Real McKenzies were playing the historic Rickshaw Theatre in Vancouver on November 6th, with three other awesome bands, he just had to go! The other bands include Raygun Cowboys, The Anti-Queens and Doghouse Rose so be sure to check out the article for the show review HERE. Not to mention check out the full album of pictures on our Facebook page.
3. Next up on the picks of the week, Calgary alternative R&B artist Uyemi is drifting into the recesses of her mind to contemplate first love on her latest video for “Moving Quietly.” The track will appear on her forthcoming EP, Butterfly Effect, slotted for release on December 8th. But right now you can check out “Moving Quietly” on all streaming platforms now. Also, don’t forget to check out the article HERE.
2. Making it to the top two we’ve got a brand new Five Questions With interview featuring Winnipeg based singer-songwriter Garrett Neiles, who has unveiled his debut single, “Stumblin’ Home”, which is a pop-rock track about taking accountability for your actions in a relationship. You can find it now on all streaming platforms you’re getting music from these days. The new video for “Stumblin’ Home” features jump cuts of Garrett singing on rooftops, alleyways, and under neon lights. Learn more in the Five Questions With him on our website HERE.
1. Last but certainly not least, multiple CCMA award nominee and MCMA award winner David James delivered not one, but two versions of his new single “That’s The Life”. The first version of the song was for radio and the second unique version of the song was created in partnership with True North Sports & Entertainment. It’s a celebration track for the Winnipeg Jets hockey team. I’m sure you’ll be hearing it at a couple of the games but also be sure to check it out HERE.
Thanks so much for checking out my recommendations for the week and I hope you found something you like. Just like I said before, please be sure to check out the rest of our website for lots more articles that weren’t featured this week. There’s always new stuff coming out every day, but I will be back next Monday with a new list of music that I think you should check out. Please have yourselves an amazing week spread the PEACE, LOVE, AND GOOD MUSIC out there!!
Hey there! I’m Zach I love long walks on the beach and movies that make you cry. Wait a minute this isn’t my E-Harmony account. Let’s try this again, hi I’m Zach from Dawson Creek, BC. Before you think it, no it’s not like the TV show! I have loved music ever since I was a kid back in Abbotsford, BC where I was born. Moved up north when I was about six and was practically raised up here. Hands down one of my favorite Canadian band has to be Simple Plan, with Dallas Smith coming in second. One of my Favorite Things I enjoy doing is just sitting around listening to music or taking pictures. I’d say I’m a pretty good photographer but you can be the judge of that. Just even ask a couple of my friends City light vigil, Scarlet serenity or Violet night. If you’re still reading this congratulations you’ve reached the end.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login